United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Nationality Application
It is possible to apply for British Nationality if you meet the criteria for British Nationality. If you are unsure about whether you meet the criteria, read more about British Nationality.
Alternatively, determine whether you qualify by completing our FREE Online Assessment.
Applying for British Nationality
The application must:
- Be completed on the correct application form;
- Be addressed to the correct authority (which is now in the UK);
- Be signed by the applicant as being correct;
- Include the application fee (if applicable);
- Be accompanied by evidence in support of the application
If your application is successful, you will be required to attend a British Citizenship Oath Ceremony. This will take place at your nearest Borough Office (if the application takes place in the UK) or High Commission (if the application takes place outside of the UK).
If any error is made with the application, then your application can be refused and you could lose your application fee.
To find out whether you or your children qualify for British Nationality, take a couple of moments to complete our FREE Online Nationality Assessment: