United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Nationality by Descent Application
It is possible to apply for British Nationality by Descent if you were born outside of the UK to a parent who was either born in the UK or classified as British Otherwise Than By Descent at the time of your birth. If you are unsure about whether you qualify for British Nationality by Descent, then read more about British Nationality by Descent.
Alternatively, determine whether you qualify by completing our FREE Online Assessment.
Applying for British Nationality by Descent
The application must:
- Be completed on the correct application form;
- Be addressed to the correct authority (which is now in the UK);
- Be signed by the applicant as being correct;
- Include the application fee (if applicable);
- Be accompanied by evidence in support of the application
The successful applicant must attend a Citizenship Ceremony at their nearest British High Commission.
If any error is made with the application, then your application can be refused and you could lose your application fee.
To find out whether you or your children qualify for British Nationality by Descent, take a couple of moments to complete our FREE Online Assessment: