United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Overseas Citizen (BOC) - Father by Descent
A British Overseas Citizen (BOC) solution can arise where:
The APPLICANT was born:
- in an independent country that was a former British territory; AND
- between 01.01.1949 and 31.12.1982.
- was born outside of the former British Territory in which their child was born;
- was born before the independence of their child's country of birth; AND
- held a form of British nationality at the time the child was born (Citizen of the UK & Colonies, British Overseas Citizen, or British citizen)
Finally, the applicant and their father must not have suffered from the Automatic Loss of their British nationality under any of the provisions that came into force on the Independence of each country concerned.
In some instances, it is possible that the applicant can upgrade this BOC status to full British nationality.