United Kingdom - Passport & Nationality - British Overseas Citizen (BOC) - Colony PGF
In this particular solution - for the status of British Overseas Citizen (or BOC) - a candidate must have:
- been born after 31 Dec 1948 and before 1 Jan 1983;
- been born before the date of Independence of their paternal grandfather's country of birth;
- been born in an independent country;
- a father who was born in a country where the British Crown exercised Extra-Territorial Jurisdiction (or ETJ); AND
- a paternal grandfather born in a former British Colony.
Candidates must not have been subject to the automatic loss arrangements specific to the countries involved to qualify under this provision. If the candidate has the Right of Abode (most commonly through a UK-born grandparent), then it should normally be possible to upgrade this status to full British nationality.