United Kingdom - flag United Kingdom - Work Skills & Ancestry - UK Intra Company Transfer Visa

The Sponsored worker (Intra-Company Transfer) visa is for skilled workers, with a job offer in the United Kingdom on the basis of a transfer or secondment with their existing employer.

Applicants who are granted temporary residence under the Sponsored worker (Intra-Company Transfer) visa scheme are permitted to live and work in the UK for the duration of their employment for a maximum three (3) year period.



The basic requirement for this visa is to score a minimum of 70 points for attributes including sponsorship, qualifications, prospective earnings, English language and available maintenance (funds). Intra-company transferees will automatically be awarded points for English language (except in cases where the applicants combined stay in the UK on this visa will then exceed three (3) years).

Applicants under the Intra-Company Transfer visa must have been employed by their existing overseas employer for a minimum of twelve (12) months with essential company knowledge and experience prior to lodging an application. The applicant employer (an overseas company) must be linked to the receiving UK employer by way of common ownership.

In the first instance, a prospective sponsor will apply to the UK Border Agency in order to be granted a license. When successfully licensed, a sponsor can apply for a number of certificates of sponsorship, which they can then present to the employee whom they intend to sponsor. Once a prospective employee has been allocated a certificate of sponsorship, he or she will be eligible to apply for UK entry clearance into the UK.


The Sponsored Worker (Intra-Company Transfer) visa is issued for an initial maximum period of three (3) years.

Upon successfully holding a Sponsored Worker (2 Intra-Company Transfer) for a total of five (5) years, individuals may be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). ILR entitles individuals to permanent residency in the UK, as well as visa-free travel to and from the UK. ILR holders may also be able to sponsor their non-British relatives into the UK and may also ultimately be eligible to apply for British Citizenship.

Eligible dependents may also qualify to be included and upon obtaining the visa, may also work or study without any restrictions.


Ask Philip Gamble whether you (or your children) have a claim to British nationality.

Learn more about these routes to British Nationality:

WhatPassport.com is a specialist UK Nationality and British Citizenship site offering an online search and assessment. Claims to hold a British Passport can be complex and the site offers a quick, simple search to give you the answers. While many people qualify for the UK Ancestry Visa based on holding a Commonwealth passport with a UK born grandmother or grandfather, we have found that if you have a grandparent born in the UK, or if your mother is British or your father is British, then there are several scenarios where you can claim British Nationality and the right to hold a British Passport. This stems from Britain’s collection of British Colonies, British Protectorates and British Protected States in the middle of last century and the Nationality rules concerning what are now the countries of the Commonwealth.

WhatPassport.com is a subsidiary of Sable International.

Sable International offers a range of services relating to UK and Australian immigration. For over 20 years, we have been helping people with their UK and Australian visa applications. We assist with applications for Ancestry visas, spouse visas, work visas, Tier 1 visas, UK working holiday visas, UK dependant visas, Tier 4 visas, UK Visitor visas, sponsorship visas or UK permanent residency or indefinite leave to remain. We also specialise in UK visa extensions. If you’ve overstayed your visa, our Overstayer Status Trace service can assist to regularise your visa status.