Right to be Caymanian - Marriage
Any person who
* who has been married to a Caymanian-
o for at least five years immediately preceding the application, where the marriage took place prior to the 1st January 2004; or
o for at least seven years immediately preceding the application, where the marriage took place on or after 1st January 2004
* whose marriage is not a marriage of convenience;
* who is not living apart from his spouse under a decree of a competent court or under a deed of separation;
* who has not lived apart from his spouse for an aggregate period of three months
o out of the five years immediately preceding the application where the marriage took place prior to 1st January 2004; or
o out of the seven years immediately preceding the application where the marriage took place on or after 1st January, 2004.
* who is legally and ordinarily resident* in the Islands immediately preceding his application; and
* who has not in any country been convicted of an offence for which a sentence of imprisonment not exceeding twelve months has been passed other than for non-payment of a fine unless-
o the conviction has been quashed on appeal or has been the subject of a free pardon;
o the act or omission giving rise to such conviction would not be an offence if done or omitted in the Islands in similar circumstances; or
o the conviction is one which, in the interest of justice, the Board directs to be ignored for the purposes of this section,
may apply to the Caymanian Status & Permanent Residency Board for the grant of the right to be Caymanian.