Working Holiday Visa

The Australian working holiday visa allows successful applicants to work and live in Australia for a period of 12 months. They are permitted to be employed for the full 12 months; however, they are not allowed to be employed for more than 6 months with any single employer.

Applicants must be over the age of 18 but not have reached their 31st birthday before the time of the application. They must also be single or married without children.

A further 12 month extension may be requested from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship, provided the visa holder has spent at least 3 months working in seasonal employment. Seasonal work is most commonly agricultural in nature, which may include fruit picking. Click here for more information on this Working Holiday Extension.

The Working Holiday Visa for Australia is available to passport holders from the following countries: